Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: concert shooting (was Leica Camera-Handling)
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:25:07 EST

In a message dated 3/16/00 9:57:40 AM, tekapo@golden.net writes:

>I should note that I've been taking clandestine
photographs for 15 years -- never with flash -- and am now on a first name
basis with many international performers who have actually been disappointed
when I didn't bring my camera to the show. They also see value in my
documention, it has nothing to do with money and everything to do with
posterity.)

Wow. I had no idea your clandestine work was so well respected by the
performers themselves. With this kind of relationship I'm surprised that you
don't simply ask for credentials so you don't have to sneak around. After
all, it seems like what makes Jim Marshall's rock photography so good is the
access he gets. The performers know him and trust thim and allow him on the
inside. I'm quite sure that Charlie Parker also knew the guys who did all
that taping and condoned their prescence. It sounds like you've got this same
sort of trust with the performers you cover. Is there some reason you prefer
remaining anonymous when you shoot?

Bob (unfamiliar with the intricacies of rock photography) McEowen