Subject: [Leica] Amen
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:22:28 +0000

Fred Rosenberg:
>>>I still use those two lenses and, while I feel those neurotic tugs to

consume, upgrade, apo-this and pre-that, I know that 1) it ain't broke,
2)
I've never seen a photograph that moved me to tears or inspired me to
get out and do my work, that I wish was sharper - in the middle or from
corner to corner, and 3) that temptations of whatever sort are
opportunities to tone what one knows is true or to be derailed into
neurotic frivolousness (I go both directions).<<<

Fred,
Amen.

I write a regular column for the magazine I edit (_PHOTO Techniques_
www.phototechmag.com) called "37th Frame." Last weekend, reacting partly
to some issues raised on the LUG, I say down and banged out one called
"Shopper's Disease." I'll be you'll find it apropos your comments. It'll
be in the May/Jun issue, due to be published right around mid-April.

- --Mike J.