Subject: [Leica] friday fs: original leica art zines
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:23:08 -0500 (EST)

All this Leica stuff getting sold on the list, I noticed no one ever
sells anything they did _with_ their Leica's, they only sell their
Leica's. How much sense does that make?

So, why simply look at my photos on the web when you can have forever
a copy of "Light and Lens: One Day in 16 Images" My third zine,
made up entirely of Leica shots taken on 8 february, 2000,
doccumenting a day when not much happened. (To appease collectors
there are actually three photographs _of_ Leica's in this issue, but
you'll have to look hard to find them; like a Where's Waldo.)

The production quality isn't terribly high, but what do you expect
from a zine anyway? They're 600 DPI prints done at great expense
by world renown publishers House of Kinko's. The images are
assembled into an easy to read, easy to pocket at your local
bookstore, easy to thumb through on the train 5.5 x 4.25 inch size.
Black and white with a short introduction and brief technical note.

Cost is a paltry $2.50 which covers the cost of duplication and
shipping. (If you send me a 5x7 SASE w/ 2 1st class stamps on it,
it's only $1.50 for the whole thing, there's a deal you can't beat
with a rock.) How can you turn that down? Support your local
photographer. Get up off your butt and buy some art.

Contact me off list for more details or to buy one. (Please don't
follow up to the list with an interminable thread that has nothing
to do with cameras.)

(you can see web copies of my first two photo zines at:
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/m7/index.html)

thanks,

kc

See what the reviews are saying about Light and Lens:

"No I didn't read it. Now stop calling me."
	-- Penny Ogle, the New York Times

"It has all the production quality of a Power Rangers movie."
	-- Dan Flech, Aperture

"Out of focus, out of touch, off of my desk right into the trash."
	-- Stan Mallory, American Photo

"16 pages of poorly scanned negatives exposed by a chimpanzee who
didn't even know what direction the camera was pointing when
his finger accidentally mashed the shutter release."
	-- Sandy Liet, Austin Photo Review

"I don't know what Cassidy was thinking during the production of
this small book containing 16 pages of photos of his thumb in
various obscene positions, but it's not art."
	-- Steve Shwenk, Metropolitin Museum of Modern Art

"They're pretty good! Much better than my vacation photos."
	-- Linda Tripp

"I don't know how he got that picture of me, the creep must have
been on a tree branch outside my window, but I'm sure as hell
going to sue the bastard."
	-- Christina Agulara