Subject: Re: [Leica] tele-elmarit 90
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:57:53 -0800

I used to have one some years back, before I traded it in for the new Elmarit.
When I bought it (used) it looked fine but it was somehow 'flary'. Later on I
had it checked by a Leica technician at one of those 'Leica days' and it turned
out that some kind of internal baffle was missing. When seen from the back of
the lens, there was a silvery tread (as opposed to black) right behind the last
glass element where it was to be.

Otherwise it performed quite good, but because it was so small and light I had
actually harder time to keep it steady than the new Elmarit. The new Elmarit
also performs better, especially at close distance and wide open, and has a
different bokeh, more like the new Leica lenses.

Jiri Dvorak