Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Contax wars
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:30:11 -0800

ARTHURWG@aol.com wrote:

> Dan, you told it like it is. I hope the Leica freaks can handle it. I have an
> M6 but find it increasingly difficult and slow to use. I'll probably buy a G2
> some day. >>>>>>>>

Hey Arthur me man,

We ain't no freaks in this heer Leica LUG network. Man we can handle the
twists and jibes of  folks and their opinions. Hell if we couldn't do
thet, we'd really be freaky with the poor souls out there in never never
land that think the M6 is a slow machine.

hell it's them folks who don't work with them thut's slow and fumbly
fingered and all whut makes it slow appearing.

Why right heer on this heer LUGNUT thing we got some of the fastest
leicas in the world. You just try to out draw them on the street and
they'll have 6 shots at you before you can count 36!

You get yer auto everything twichy grunting contax thingie and i just
bet yer boots you wont be any better shooter with it than fumblin' with
yer gaul dang M6! Takes some patients yu know to get it right, shooot
lots of thet kodak and ilford, maybe some old Ansco films and i just bet
after a few hundred rolls or so you might fine'd the ole' M6 isn't such
a bad machine for happy snapping after all!

I hope it's warm and dry where you are, make for lots of weekend shoting
time before you get all het-up over that auto everything contax thingie
and go out and blow yer money on one..

no offence intended, have anice weekend.

ted