Subject: [Leica] Re: Screw Mounts Differ!
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 22:52:47 -0500 (EST)

A couple of people have mentioned trouble with the new
Voigtlander/Cosina Heliars:  they don't seem to screw in all the way,
making the hood align improperly.  Well, I just tried screwing this same
lens into the Canon 7, and it's off by about ten degrees.  What's going on
here?  This indicates to me that old screw mount cameras didn't care much
about where the lens lined up (as my same Heliar goes all the way in on my
IVsb).  Either that or the new Voigt/Cos lenses are unusually tight.  Has
anyone had similar problems with, for instance, the Nokton?

I don't have any experience with coupled LTMs -- how does the coupling
device work (and does this discrepancy disturb focusing)?

Douglas Cooper