Subject: [Leica] Re: rangefinder lenses longer than 90mm
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 11:20:24 -0000

Doug Cooper wrote:

> In general, how do people feel about shooting with lenses longer
than 90mm
> with a rangefinder?  I've never done it.

While in the US last Xmas, I purchased an old 200mm Komura at a cheap
price, and tried it out on the local wildlife.

The results lack the sharpness of a Leitz lens, but don't scream
"taken with a cheap lens". However focussing can be time-consuming,
with a fair degree of rotation of a relatively stiff focus control
being needed to significantly move the rangefinder images. I read
somewhere that the lens was originally supplied with an optical gadget
which increased the rangefinder magnification.

Regards,

Doug Richardson