Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Bag Recommendation
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 00:45:23 -0800

My Domke 803: Two M bodies, four lenses, a meter, a notebook, and some film.
Each M body has a lens attached and goes into on of the three central
partitions.  Other lenses go together in the third central compartment.
Rolls of film and meter go in one front pocket. Other front pocket free for
more film, flash, or other assignment specific stuff.

Protection: More than adequate unless I dump everything on top of each
other. Then typical Domke: canvas tends to deform and hold oddly shaped
stuff together as though they were swallowed by a snake. (That provides
minimal protection, but does keep them from rattling against each other.)

Convenience: Outstanding. I can reach in and grab either body. Only
inconveniences: (1) the largest partition is not big enough to hold a body
with the 135 attached. I either keep it out until I'm done, or put it back
lens down rather than in its usual (sideways) position. (2) After many lens
swaps, everything seems to migrate into one compartment (see snake's belly
above). (3) I wish it had a few more accessory pockets.

Mike Quinn