Subject: RE: [Leica] 35mm versus 120
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 10:23:14 -0500

> You have every right to refuse to believe other people's
> arguments until you see their data.

I am not saying film flatness can not be a problem, it just isn't this
common problem that the claim leads one to believe exists with Hasselblad
backs.

> But failure to see something for which you haven't looked is not strong
> evidence that it isn't there.

That's not true.  I look for bad imagery in most all my shots.  If there
was a problem, I would see it.  The fact is, I see nothing out of focus or
not sharp in any of the negatives I have printed.  Nor have my clients.  If
no one sees focus or sharpness as a problem in any of my negatives (and I'm
not saying I always get my focus right, mind you, but that's my fault ;-),
where is the problem?

I only asked for 'help seeing it' to allow people making the claim that it
was an issue a venue to 'expose' (sic) their case, and I got no takers.