Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 18:43:13 -0500

At 10:13 AM 3/20/2000 -0500, steve lehuray wrote:
>They also have the quarterly catalouge of things for sale
>which I think is a big waste of money and time when you consider they could
>put that stuff on their web site.

Well, no.  I doubt if 25% of LHSA members have 'Net access.  Don't cut out
the more lucrative 75% of your market!

As to the $1,500 per issue Roy Moss is paid, I recall that this was the
issue over which a number of former leaders in the Society quit being
active.  There was, and remains, a lot of resistance to paying the editor
anything.  Shouldn't be done, not in a volunteer society such as ours,
especially when the editor is a retired O-8 with no other known outside
employment.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!