Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V16 #56
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:38:21 -0500

At 06:40 PM 3/20/2000 EST, LRZeitlin@aol.com wrote:
>There has been recent postings on the quality of some older Canon lenses.
>Some Leicaholics find it hard to admit that Canon RF lenses function
superbly
>on screw mount and M series Leicas and are available at about half the price
>of comparable used Leica lenses.

Excuse me?  Canon lenses, on general, seem to be about twice the price of
comparable Leitz lenses, save for the Rare Collectible Leitz Lens.  LTM to
LTM, Leitz is cheaper.  Of course, Russian is much cheaper and, in most
cases, at the least optically comparable, if not superior.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!