Subject: Re: [Leica] image quality and format -- 35 v. 120
From: Leon Davenport <leonjdav@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 00:54:42 -0800

Dear Paul,

I would be interested to see you test the 19mm F/2.8 ROM and the 50mm
Disatgon.  I know that the 50 and the 28mm Leica lens are directly
comparable (one is the equivalent of the other in their respective formats)
but I wonder if the 28mm is really up to the quality of the Distagon.  I
believe that the 19mm is.  While you are at it try the 19mm vs the 40mm
Distagon, too.  I believe that you will find that the 19mm will yield better
results.  (I owned a 40 Distagon and I pined for it until I got the 19mm.)

Leon.