Subject: RE: [Leica] Now, Frank-bashing?????? - or Hendrix basing.
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:12:02 -0000

  It's like going to the electric
> guitar forum and hearing people talk about how much they hate Jimi
> Hendrix. ..

...The only people who have anything to do with guitars who hate Jimmy
Henrix are those who knew, the first instant they heard him play, that they
would never, in a dozen life-times, master the guitar well enough to tune
his. And I'm not talking about whether or not one likes his style of
playing...I believe that both Eric Clapton and Pete Townsend have been
quoted at various times as saying that the first time they heard Hendrix
they seriously thought of giving up the guitar as they knew there was no way
they would ever be that good....

B.D.