Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: 35mm versus 120
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:02:14 EST

<<

No, Rob, I am not joking, of course.  I know for a fact AA owned, and used

a Hasselblad for 20 years or so.  Don Imus (sp?) bought this Hasselblad at

auction sometime in the last year or two for quite a large sum of money.

> you're joking, of course!

>Rob Mueller>>

Yes, Rob is correct on that one.

Imus once bought a 150mm Hassy lens from me. I picked up my answering machine
while he was leaving a message and as I recall he almost cursed me out for
"screening" my calls! Imus is NOT a character he plays on the radio, it
really is him.

I asked him about the Adams Hassy that he bought for I think about 20K from
Hasselblad at auction. It was for charity if I remember correctly. It was the
one that he carried later in life when the 8x10 got too heavy for him.

He was quite curt and wasn't in the mood to brag about it, but perhaps he
thought I'd raise the price on the 150mm lens. <ggg>

We did speak about Leica for a couple of minutes as well, but as I recall he
was more into medium and large format cameras.

later,
Rich