Subject: RE: [Leica] Oh So Geographic
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:10:20 -0500

Jeez guys,

NG is a publication of the National Geographic Society, not Magnum. Its
mandate is for travel/discovery, culture/anthropology, archaeology,
flora/fauna and the like. NG photos are indeed pretty, but to call them
vacuous is to do their qualtiy a disservice.  Sure, NG doesn't have
Requiem-like pictures of child dying in mother's arms or photographer lying
in pool of her own blood, but that's not what NG is all about. I love NG.  I
can look at combat photos somewhere else.

Jonathan Lee