Subject: Re: [Leica] Berlin 1945
From: RGKEG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:06:27 EST

If this is the photo I am thinking of, the Russian government insisted it be
retouched to remove the multiple wristwatches from a soldiers arm. A common
practice at the time was to remove them from the dead.  The smoke in the
background was also added.  I believe several unretouched prints exist.

Unfortunately, it wasn't called Zhukovs (Chuikovs) rape of Berlin for nothing.

A powerful image, nonetheless.

                                            Ron Kutak