Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux pix
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:09:03 +0100

Ted Grant wrote:

> I know how tough it is being "the photographer" during a birth, but I
> can't imagine beimg the father and photographer.  Heck, it's bad enough
> being a grandfather & photographer while shooting your daughters giving birth.

No kidding. When my first child was born 10 years ago in Tampa, I had brought with
me all my equipment--at that time a couple of Pentax bodies with assorted lenses.
We went to the hospitals when the water broke around 6 a.m. but our son was
apparently very comfortable in there and refused to come out until 11 p.m. During
the day I chatted a couple of times with the obstetrician who happened to be into
photography as well. When the moment finally arrived, I was so overwhelmed (in a
positive way) by the whole experience and what it meant that I forgot about taking
pictures. Only when the doctor reminded me of all the gear spread on the corner
table did I grab the camera and took a couple of shots, none of which were any
good.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman