Subject: [Leica] Re: Tele-Elmarit-M survey/hoods and caps
From: David Prakel <dprakel@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:17:58 -0500

on 22/3/00 10:50 pm, Leica Users digest at
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> I just got a tele elmarit and need to figure out how to set this lens up the
> way I want it.  It came with a somewhat cheesy rubber hood, and there is no
> way to put a cap on it while the hood is on.  My 35 summicron, with the
> plastic hood, lets me keep the rubber front piece on, and is easily removable
> to shoot.
>
> I generally will keep this lens mounted on an M3, and would like to keep it
> available with a hood and some kind of cap that can protect the lens in the
> bag.
>
> By the way, the same goes for my 50mm summilux with the metal hood that
> mounts on the camera in reverse, cap attached.
>
> The hood from the 35 clips right on to the 90, and would work fine, but I
> have not seen them sold separately.

I bought my Tele-Elmarit-M new in 1984. According to the additional
engraving on the lens barrel mine is a 90.05mm lens - does anyone have
anything else?. The plastic lens hood is 'cheesy' but safe - mine is marked
with part number 11250 and Leitz Canada. The cap that came with the lens is
a clip in/on flat plastic disc marked Leitz at the four cardinal points on
one side and with the part number 11252 dia 39 marked on the other. I still
have the original box which is marked Leica Tele-Elmarit-M 11800.

David Prakel