Subject: Re: [Leica] The M6 Fugue
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 09:19:59 EST

In a message dated 3/23/00 3:10:30 AM, horsts@primus.com.au writes:

>I believe, there is nothing wrong, with some automation, as long as one
>cane see
>in the view finder what's going on, and as long as it can be switched to
>manual
>if required.

Yesterday I read a past column by Bill Pierce on the Digital Journalists web
page. He was writing about the debate between the pro-digital crowd and the
pro-film crowd. He recalled debates he was party to some 30 years ago that
paired the on-board meter crowd vs. the non-metered crowd and wondered what
the big deal was. Some guys in this group are hopeless laggards. There is
NOTHING about intellegently designed AE metering that impairs the creativity
of the photographer. In fact, an argument can be made that it's liberating
and actually enhances the photographer's creativity. Those of us who use a
modern SLR in addition to our Leica M cameras know that. My M4-p and M3 are
fine for black and white but I would appreciate having an AE M-camera for my
slide film body. That way I could concentrate on the photo and not so much on
the exposure.

Bob (tries to stay current to within at least a couple of decades) McEowen