Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 Wide Angle Body = reduced vf magnification?
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 06:59:51 -0500

Jeremy,

You may not understand my recommendations.  Tom A had a 21/3.4 Super
Angulon custom-fitted with the goggles from a 35/2 M3-era Summicron.  He
also had the 21 modified so that it brings up the 28mm frameline on an
M6.  So when you look through the finder, you see the 28mm framelines
expanded to the 21mm's angle of view.  The rangefinder focusing is not
affected.  Yes, it's a bit larger package, but not much more than the lens
and a separate finder pair.

Skip

At 3/24/00 10:27 AM  +0000, you wrote:
>Skip,
>But the drawback is the size of the lens package you're carrying around AND
>the fact that you  loose your rangefinder focusing except at infinity!
>
>I'd certainly prefer a dedicated w/a Leica, but the difficulty might be the
>correct triggering of the frames with older lenses. As there was never a
>defined setting for their frame triggering lugs I suspect that 21 and 24mm
>lenses might trigger a variety of framelines.
>If we work on the basis that there are only 3 positions available for
>frameline triggering it follows that if we see the range as 21 - 35 to
>include 24 and 28, then there are 4 focal lengths to look after, as on the M4

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ
skipwilliams@pobox.com
http://www.skipwilliams.com