Subject: RE: [Leica] Two questions
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:41:10 -0000

Kurt,
Post away with your sales, Some people have posted on a Thursday evening
when they can't get to their computer on a Friday, some have posted on a
Saturday if they haven't been near their machine on a Friday, but by and
large it's a Friday Thang...
The 135/4.5 Hektor, for Ms is far from being a bad lens. There was a fine
article on it in the Viewfinder magazine a year or so ago. Its very
versatile on the Visoflex too. It's light, which is more than can be said
for the Tele Elmarit which doesn't save much length at all!
I had a Hektor, acquired the Tele Elmarit, then found a cheap 135/4 Elmar
and sold the previous 2 lenses. The Elmar, like the Hektor, is a long focus
lens and therefore light, it's a later design which is better corrected but
the difference is slight in day to day use.

Perhaps the article was written by the Leitz marketing department?

regards,
Jem