Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Filter Sizes and Pola-Screens
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 08:31:25 -0500

At 10:37 AM 3/25/2000 -0000, Doug Richardson wrote:

>I live in the UK, and have on my desk several major catalogues, one of
>which lists no Series filters of any kind, while the other which shows
>only a few types available in Series fittings. They may be easily
>available in the USA, but not here.

Heliopan and B+W are German companies, not US firms.  Neither list more
than the very most popular of their filter sizes in their catalogues;  the
rest are available by special order.  Have your dealer check on that.  The
same situation applies, certainly, to Tiffen, though I do not know about
Hoya.  Harrison & Harrison does list all of their offerings in their
catalogue.  And Harrison and Harrison, and B+W, and Heliopan can all
provide a pola-screen in E44, incidentally, as well as Series filters.

Another choice, of course, would be to have an E44 to E52 or such adapter
made.  I believe a local firm (local to you, I mean!) which could provide
this is:

SRB Film Service
286 Leagrave Road
Luton, Bedfordshire LU3 1RB
United Kingdom
	Voice: +44 1582 572471
	FAX: +44 1582 572535
	E-mail: srbfilm@aol.com

Finally, there is no "US Sales Tax".  Each state levies its own, and there
is no national collection agency at all.  I have great difficulty believing
that HM Customs would bother about collecting taxes for Delaware or
Montana, and I have even greater difficulty seeing how such would be due,
in any event.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!