Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos on the Web calling troll
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 18:47:07 -0800

Austin Franklin wrote:

> > READ THIS AUSTIN!  They paid, without me asking, residual cheques
> > arrived completely unannounced! Simply because that's the way it's done!
> > Whether you agree or not!
><Snip>
> Suppose the models had the same agreement, and the lighting guy, and the
> makeup artist, and the art director and the caterer etc etc etc.  Remember,
> the success of this shoot is largely based on how good the food is you are
> going to eat, so, of course, the caterer has provided his/her artistic
> talent in preparing you a healthy meal so you can work better, so they
> certainly are key, and as such, should share in the future profits of this
> endeavor, right?  If everyone had this entitlement belief, nothing could
> ever get done.
>
> OOPS, forgot someone in this chain of profit!  Though you bought your
> camera, and paid in full for it, the guys who designed it, are artists in
> their own right.  They should be compensated too, for any photographs made
> with the camera they designed!  After all, you would not have been able to
> create these images if it weren't for their obvious brilliance in creating
> the very tool you are using!
>
><Snip>

This is really getting solidly into the area in my opinion of intense and
outrageous provocation to the list!!
And furthermore...!!!
Your just playing with us Austin! Having too much fun at our expense!
Of course there is a good section of us who are professional photographers.
	...Who are getting the sneaky feeling that you are not exactly on our side.
I gotta call troll here. This is a troll.

	...making Anthony look good.
Mark Rabiner

troll
An outrageous message posted to a newsgroup or mailing list to bait people to
answer. Trolling is a form of harassment that can take over a newsgroup or
mailing list. Well meaning defenders can create chaos by responding to trolls.
The best response is to ignore it.