Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: 35mm Summicron ASPH and IIIf with Summitar
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 13:06:08 -0800

No you won't be happy. You're not trading up. You're just starting down a
very slippery path.

The 35 and 50 are not comparable lenses. They have entirely different
characteristics. You'll miss the 50 mm lens and wish you had it back. Then
you'll buy the 75 or 90 to keep from admitting you made a mistake getting
rid of the 50. Then you'll get either a noctilux or summilux 50 convincing
yourself that what you really need is the extra aperture. Then you'll have a
50 again, but wish it was smaller and lighter...

Contentment is not part of this process. But it sure is fun... :)

Mike Quinn