Subject: Re: [Leica] 25mm f4 Skopar
From: John Bean <john@jbean.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:16:10 +0100

I find the 25/4 is ideal as a "normal" superwide. I can't afford a Leica
24, otherwise that would probably be my choice. However, having used the
Skopar, I find I like it in its own right - the click stops on the focus
are brilliant, don't miss the RF coupling at all.

The 15/4.5 Heliar is another matter altogether. It is much too wide for my
normal use, but I do use it in confined spaces, and crop it for panoramics.
I bought the Heliar first, and certainly will keep it, but the Skopar is by
far the more useful lens for me - tiny, light, contrasty, sharp - and dirt
cheap. Oh, and the finder is better than the Leica 24, which costs near
enough as much as this lens.

At Monday 27/03/2000 21:53, Dan Post wrote:
>I guess that as I approach the crux where I decide "Yea" or "Nay" on the
>Cosina lenses I should ask- "Is there any particular reason you might pick
>the 25mm over the 15mm or vice versa?"
>I know that Hans is a LTM user and simply because of that I would value his
>opinion! However, I am seriously wondering which might be more useful, and
>would love to hear what Hans' and others opinions might be.
>Basicall, what rationale made you either pick one over the other, or in the
>event you have both- which situations do you find yourself using one
>particular lens or another?

Regards

John Bean