Subject: Re: [Leica] Waterproof Leicas?
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:16:38 EST

In a message dated 3/28/00 6:21:30 AM Central Standard Time,
images@InfoAve.Net writes:

<< hat's where I started but the bags are either for SLR's or
 point-and-shoots.  I wonder which one might work with a Leica M?  Do you
 know how they seal?  Does something screw onto the lens or what?  The SLR
 one mentions that it screws into the tripod mount to keep the camera
 centered but that wouldn't work with the M.

 Thanks for your help.

 Tina >>
Good Morning, Tina:
Do not know which size would be best for the Leica M cameras.  My
recollection is that they seal similarly to a "ziplock" bag.

Cannot recall where you are located but my suggestion is you e-mail or phone
Ewa and get a local address for a stocking dealer.  Someone at the
distributorship should be able to answer your questions.

For my diving work, I just use a Sony DV camcorder and heavy duty container
but I have seen the Ewa unit.  Just did not pay much attention to it as I was
not all that thrilled with taking a nice camera under water.  For still
photos underwater, I used the old Nikonos V with 15 mm lens.  Does a pretty
good job.  Have not used it since I started using the video since most people
like to see stuff on TV and moving.

Hope you find something that will protect you equipment.

Don R.