Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Ginsberg, Beats (was Frank)
From: Chandos Brown <cmbrow@wm.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:56:10 -0500

visiting Dunster House, where I was a tutor.&nbsp; In those days aI
carried a IIIF, which sat next to my bookbag on the table.&nbsp; We
talked for about three hours, when he suddenly asked when I planned on
taking his picture.&nbsp; I replied that I considered this a
conversation, not a photo op.&nbsp; He seemed mildly piqued, but did
mention that Leicas were &quot;nice cameras.&quot;&nbsp; We then went on
about Hart Crane.<br>
The Gedney photographs are astonishing, humbling.&nbsp; Thanks much for
the link!<br>
Chandos<br>
At 03:33 PM 03/28/2000 -0500, you wrote:<br>
&lt;Buzz@marianmanor.org&gt;<br>
&gt; Subject: [Leica] Frankly Chappaqua Appeals to Burroughs...or,
Beat<br>
Photographers<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Ginsberg was known to use a<br>
&gt; Leica for his &quot;snap-shots.&quot;<br>
I've seen a photograph of Ginsberg on a bicycle with his Leica
attached<br>
sitting upright on the back carrier. Don't know too mant photogs who'd
do<br>
likewise with their M6. Speaking of beats, has anybody seen the
exhaustive<br>
Duke University photo archive of William Gedney's work?<br>
Excellent stuff: