Subject: [Leica] Waterproof Leicas?
From: AlastairF@bhs.grampianshealth.org.au
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:55:32 +1000

Your suggestion is great and might be a reason for ordering the 15mm
Voigtlaender.  What do you think?  Could I fabricate a plastic
waterproof  bag enclosure for an M6 with a Voigtlaender 15 and not worry
about focusing?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

G'day Tina,

I once a upon a long time ago had a heavy duty plastic bag fitted with a
'uv' filter welded to the inside. The bag was sealed by rolling the end over
and over and sliding a cheap rigid tube over the end. Now I know the use of
UV filters is a touchy subject, but even Jim will allow them when sea and
salt is spraying, so you should not be banned from the LUG. My only trouble
back then was finding someone to 'weld' the plastic bag to the filter.

Cheers

Oh it was very cheap, and only worked for about a week, but that suited the
length of the holiday.

Alastair