Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex Standard
From: Don McClure <mcclure1@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 06:41:53 -0500

>I've had a couple of days to "play" with my wife's new old Leicaflex and I
>am very impressed with this camera! It has the smoothest wind/shutter
>release of any camera I've ever encountered. The "spot" focusing, which I
>thought I'd hate is wonderful. The screen is very bright and the focus is
>very quick.
>
>The metering mimics the MR4 on my M4 and so is quite intuitive. For the low
>price of these I've seen they are a great buy.
>
>Ken Wilcox

I love my "diesel" Leicaflex, a gift from my mother-in-law a few years
before she passed away. Its amazingly smooth, meters right on even with
'chrome, and one cam lenses are cheap (and work in a pinch on my R4).
It's be the prettiest SLR ever made too imho, it reminds me of a late
'60's Mercedes S class (108-109 series). I will keep it forever.

It can be difficult to focus in low light, however, and forget about
catching moving objects (small children)!

Don McClure
Abingdon, MD