Subject: [Leica] Re:Pelican waterproof case for M Leicas
From: wvl@marinternet.com (Bill Lawlor)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:14:12 -0800

I can vouch for the small Pelican case as an almost ideal M-Leica
protector. I found it perfect to carry an M6, 35 and 50 Summi/2 lenses,
neck strap and the hood that fits them both around the world. The foam pad
sheets fit tightly enough that there is no movement of the contents. The
case cost twenty bucks and is air/water tight. In fact, if you open it on a
plane you will need to open the presure release valve on the ground because
the seal is airtight. The case is drilled for a pair of padlocks which I
used with a chain in some fleabag hotels. Actually, I used it in all hotels
and they were all "bargains". While I didn't try it, I think it would take
longer for a thief to cut into the heavyweight plastic of the Pelican than
to cut into an aluminum case. The case was so secure I used it to guard
cash and traveler's checks when I was out and about with the Leica.

Bill Lawlor