Subject: [Leica] Re: Going Digital
From: calciua@hn.va.nec.com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:32:39 -0500

If you have to go digital, you may want to consider the Rollei digital
camera. It uses Rollei's glass (Zeiss and Schneider) and is currently
available. The list of features is as rich as a cornucopia and the price is
very palatable (about 2 grand). Also, lots of the guts are supposedly built
in modules so upgrading is feasable, rather than having to buy a new camera
each time the electronics get smarter.

The best part though is the glass. No digital camera can claim such
superlative accutrements. Sony is the only firm that has started using
Zeiss digital lenses, but it is a feature-poor camera targeted at the
consumer market, not the pro.

Andre