Subject: RE: [Leica] 28mm vs. 35 mm lenses
From: "Peter Jon White" <PeterJonWhite@PeterWhiteCycles.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:51:09 -0500

This is a question that you are far better qualified to answer than anyone
else. You have the tools at your disposal, and there's a very simple method
of getting to the "right" answer.

Unlike an SLR, with your M6 you have the frames for both 28mm and 35mm right
in your camera. When you're out taking pictures with your 50mm or 90mm, all
you have to do is move the frame selector lever to the 28mm or 35mm position
to see what you would get with either lens. If you frequently see an image
that you would like with one frame or the other, you'll know which lens to
get.

It couldn't possibly matter what anybody else thinks is the perfect addition
to your system. Nobody else has your eyes, your brain, your sense of style,
proportion, composition, etc. Pay no attention to what anyone else thinks
you should get. Just flip that lever and see for yourself. ;-)

Peter Jon White
Peter White Cycles
666 Mass Ave
Acton, MA 01720