Subject: RE: [Leica] Lens Hood Cap 35/2
From: "Anders Nygren" <anygren@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:56:07 -0600

De: Mitch Alland <malland@mac.com>
Para: leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>

>The new 35/2 ASPH lens has a rubber cap that slides over the lenshood. I
have the latest pre-ASPH 35/2 and wonder whether the new lens hood cap will
fit over my lens hood. Leica USA does not know because they do not have any
of the old lenses and hoods in stock to try it on.

I to have the latest pre-asph 35/2 and noticed the following a couple of
days ago.

On Leica´s WEB site they have some more detailed documents on some of the
newer
lenses. In the description of the 35/2 asph it says that the hood is
slightly redesigned
to take the rubber cap, but it also says that the latest pre-asph can take
the new hood, and
that the hood is delivered with the cap. So I guess it is possible to get
the benefit of the
rubber cap but at the price of the new hood.

/Anders Nygren