Subject: [Leica] 19mm R
From: "Robert Rose" <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:16:35 -0800

To add my 2 cents here, I have the older version of the 19mm.  The pictures it makes are stunning.  The color rendition looks like you have a polarizer built in.  If (a big if) the camera is level anything at the edges is perfectly straight; there is not perceptable curvature at the edges.

On the negative side, there is noticeable vignetting at less than f/4.  The best setting seems to be f/5.6, which is not such a problem if you are shooting landscape.

People at the edges do not appear distorted, just immensely fat <g>.

It is very heavy and very big.  It can take a filter, but why bother?

It seems to find the sun, and it does have flare problems.

All that being said, I love it.

Robert Rose