Subject: RE: [Leica] bouncing leicas
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:42:44 -0500

> ... the truly wonderful thing about the Passport, the thing that really
sets
> it apart from other excellent warranties, is that you can run your Leica
> over with a bleeping Hummer, after dropping it from the top of the
tallest
> building in your home town

> is definite worth several hundred on the purchase price...

I guess if you're prone to that kind of activity, then it's probably a good
idea.

If you are a professional (or aren't, but own Leica equipment), it's
probably a good idea to have equipment insurance.  The policy I have, and I
didn't pay any extra for it (nor have I ever used it), covers most
anything, including self inflicted damage.

I am much happier not paying for someone's new BMW....er, the passport
warranty ;-)