Subject: [Leica] Leica salute!
From: "Alec Jones" <alecj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:34:42 -0600

Javier seyz:

>I was shooting off a roll in the park a few days ago
>and crossed paths with a fellow with an M6. I
>pretended not to notice him or his camera and he pretended not
>to notice me or mine. I think we both understood each other.
>It set me wondering though; Is there an secret Leica salute
>or hand signal that should be used at times like this?

You all obviously missed the message Leica published recently.  The secret
Leica salute is to be executed with the middle finger of either hand
(preferably the one not holding the Leica at the time).  The return salute
from the other Leica owner so honored is the same, the raising of one of his
middle fingers.

Obviously, the public will be unaware of what we Leica owners are up to, and
think we don't really respect each other.  The honoree may even growl with
anger-like looks, but we'll know the real feelings. Boy, will the public be
fooled by all this!!!

So, remember the salute and practice, practice.

Alec