Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Autofocus
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 18:36:31 +0000

Pascal wrote:

> On 31-03-2000 02:05 Ananth S wrote:
>
> >Does Leica makes or ever made any autofocus SLR/Rangefinder cameras?
>
> you have just asked one of those "do not ask" questions ;-)
>
> Pascal
> NO ARCHIVE

> See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
> An Apple a day keeps greedy Microsoft away !
> <<< PGP public key available on request >>>
As far as I know the only auto focus M camera Leica ever made was a special
for a blind photographer. The camera cost $154,000 US dollars, and came with
Auto (Otto) Van Barnak who would focus the camera for the user. His contract
lasted three years at which time he dutifully returned to Wetzlar in to await
the next special edition Otto focus camera which sadly never came to fruition.
John shick