Subject: [Leica] leica greetings....
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 13:21:37 -0500 (EST)

a while back i was at an Event photographing a politican and at the Event,
photographing the same politician, there's a guy with a contax G2 -- i
assume he's a shooter for some local rag, i'm shooting with my m6 and a
diana (don't ask me why). but i see this guy w/ the g2 and i'm like, "hey,
another rangefinder dude," so i smile, lift my camera to my eye to grab a
shot of him and his contax and he puts his hand out in front of my lens
and says very sternly and matter-of-factly "do not photograph me."

weird thing for a photojournalist to say in a public place, don't you
think?

he probably didn't want his image to be so poorly rendered by an inferior
camera -- now, if i'd had a contax, i'm sure it would have been a
different story.

kc

(oh, and btw, someone suggested when you walk past a person w/ a leica the
proper salute is to show that your pockets are empty -- whoever said that
please send your camera back to solms as well, you must have slipped
through the screening process. the proper secret salute is to show on the
fingers of one hand (if possible) how many MORE leica's you have at home
and (if this is not possible, you should have your leitz flash cards
handy with the number and sillhouettes of your additional cameras),
with the other hand pat your Very Fat Wallet and then chuckle quietly
at the poor slobs without (in the manner of dr. fibes, like this
"muhahahahaha!"). if you accidentally do this to a guy with a
zorki you and your leica will be unclean until morning.)