Subject: [Leica] Voigtlander Vitessa
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 22:01:56 -0700

Austin Franklin wrote:
> > I agree that Rollei TLRs are quieter. So is my Kodak Retina IIc. That's an
> > attribute of in-lens leaf shutters.

Hi,

     The Voigtlander Vitessa is like the Kodak Retina with the leaf shutter.
What about the interchangable lenses for the one Vitessa model without
the barndoors and bellows, did it take full interchangable lenses or
only the front as in the Retina and the Contaflex, not Contarex, cameras?

    Interestingly, the Vitessa is a fine rangefinder camera, at least the
folders, IMO.  All leaf shutter 35 cameras like the Contaflex, Retina and
the Vitessa can synch at top speed.  I might buy a Vitessa, there're compact
and cheap compared to a Leica, and have the 50mm I need, rather then these
40 or 35 lens cameras.  A one lens camera needs 50mm lens, IMO.  Of course,
you have to like plungers to use a Vitessa.

					Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net