Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica foto nƒ3 and the eFilm and the C1
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 10:09:36 -0500

>I've just received the leica foto n° 3.
>
>I'm surprised by the editorial on the eFilm.
>This "vapourware" is not a new product, but a Loch Ness monster.
>The Chief-editor of LF seems to believe that the eFilm, with only 1280 x1024
>pixels, is a solution for the R8...Pretty tight IMHO !
>A digital back with the CCD of the S1 would be a better device.Let's get
>to it !
snipped

>M. Dominique Pellissier

Dominique is right.
Its been around for a while - at least in someones mind - if not in
reality.
While it seems a good idea - to be able to use existing cameras with a
drop-in digital insert - the execution is poor. An insert that would be
equal to the current best available digital cameras would fly. Anything
less will not.
eFilm is NOT the answer !

Read more at:

http://dpcorner.com/syncol/syncol-10.html

Leica would do well to team up with Fuji for a digital body for Leica
lenses.
As for me - I want a digital M camera. Just take the RF section from the
M6 and graft it onto whatever kind of box it takes to do the digital
part. Make it great - I'll buy one!

Henry Ambrose