Subject: Re: [Leica] Refinished LTM bodies
From: ceworkman@ktis.net (C. E. Workman Jr.)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:06:14 -0500

I just received my M3 back from Youxin (his name) and I couldn't be more
satisfied or delighted.  This was only a recovering of the "Vulcanite", but
the workmanship is superb.  The material he uses is very close to the
original grain pattern.  I heatedly recommend his service.

As to the repainting, I know he is only doing screw-mount (my old
terminology) Leicas at the moment.  My only problem is that by painting a
different color than originally made at Leica you are creating something
that will someday be sold as "original".  I'd like to see such items marked
as being "restored" or identified as such in some way.

Chuck