Subject: [Leica] Victoria
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 06:29:02 -0600

My wife and I had a wonderful time in Victoria with a great deal of time
devoted to "developing our relationship" and, of course, no details of this
will follow :-). Photography was limited to three rolls of my wife being
lovely in a variety of settings which I will treasure and, again, not annoy
you with. We took the time to visit Ted Grant and a more charming fellow I
have seldom met. One word of caution though; be careful about buying his
book! It was so good .... no ..... stunning! That we bought TWO and are now
busy trying to resist the urge to buy more. It is simply amazingly and
wondrously super. If you go to his website and look at the pictures
displayed there you get NO idea of how wonderful they are in the flesh. This
has convinced me that the tiny picture files we look at on the net really
cannot properly represent any work of real quality. Fortunately this will
work to my advantage when I get around to posting some of my own images:
"You think they look crappy! Ha! You should look at the originals!" ;-). I
will let you know what I think of Provia F and the 35/1.4 asph when the
chromes are back.

It is great to be back in brown oceanless Edmonton!

John Collier