Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Delta 3200/Neopan1600
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:04:05 -0700

>I was using Neopan exclusively for a while but found the film too contrasty
>with weak mid range and blocked highlights. But this was using commercial
>labs with unknown developers. Any coments?

:

had the same experience with neopan 1600 - high contrast, thin shadows. my
film was processed by a small b&w lab i've been using for about a year, and
with whom i have no complaints. one of the owners recommended shooting
delta 3200 at 1600 when i wanted speed. i've tried and had good results,
much better than the neopan. it may well have been the chemicals they use,
however. mark's post, and one or two other positive testimonies about
neopan make me feel that perhaps i (or my lab) is wrong about this film.

guy