Subject: RE: [Leica] About depth of field scales and Merklinger
From: "Lee, Ken" <ken.lee@hbc.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:53:39 -0400

Jim,

I was recently told (no I don't believe everything I am told) that what the
rule means is 1/3 of the way up the viewfinder (down the GG). He called it
into the scene. If half your viewfinder is taken up by a vertical surface,
that "rule" doesn't work either, but in a normal landscape type environment
it is supposed to work. I haven't tested it yet, but would be interested in
the experience of others.

Ken