Subject: Re: [Leica] Resurgence of B&W
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 10:07:53 -0700

Frank Filippone wrote:

> This is an un-abashed recommendation to Ed Buziak's magazine: Camera and
> Darkroom.  I have been getting Popular and Modern for 35 years.  The
> articles are stale and repeating. ><Snip>
> Ed: Thanks for a great magazine.
>
> Frank Filippone

This March issue of Popular Photography has an article in it by Jason Schneider:
"The 10 most important cameras of the 20th century"! I love this great articles
more than most even of what Jason Schneider writes!
1900 Brownie Camera original Eastman Kodak (one dollar)
1924 Ermanox, as hand held by Erich Salomon
1925 LEICA A need we say more!
1929 Rolleiflex not the first but best twin lens reflex!
1933 Super Kodak Six-20, first production automatic exposure (selenium) control
1948 Polaroid 95, the first successful Polaroid
1948 Hasselblad 1600 F, with 80mm f2.8 Kodak Ektar "a case study in intelligent
product development"
1949 Contax X first successful eye level pentaprism 35mm SLR
1977 Konica C35 AF, first point and shoot
1984 Minolta Maxxum 7000 first full system AF SLR with sensors and drive
mechanism built into the body,
	wasn't someone just asking about the Maxxum?
	What other camera came out that year?
You could say Pop Photo was just a gadget mag but you'd be wrong.
Rothchild, Goldberg, Cora Wright Kennedy, Bill Pierce...
	my 60's influences, the magazine that got me into photography!
Although this was my first issue in a year or two!!
Mark Rabiner