Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Delta 100 --now 400
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:43:38 -0700

>In artificial light and in real low natural light situations, using an e.i
>of 800, I prefer HP5 to Delta 400.
>I develop the HP5  in Rodinal 1+50 for 13 mins. That combo has much punch
>than Delta 400 in Xtol and look sharper. In these cases tonal rendition is
>not at the top of my list of requrements. Pushing HP5 to 1600 is very well
>possible and the usual drawbacks are not all that evident.

which echoes what i've heard about delta films: they don't push well. as i
don't soup the stuff myself, i can't speak to the use of this or that
developer with this or that film, etc., but i know that, one those rare
occasions when i have shot d 400 at 800 or 1600, i've been disappointed.
not so with tri x or hp5+, which seem to hold up better when pushed.

guy