Subject: Re: [Leica] First Friday PLUG Excursion
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 15:06:40 -0700

austin@darkroom.com wrote:

> They let you photograph in the galleries?  I was hired to photograph (the event) at a Rodin exhibit a few years ago.  I was yelled at by security for 'apparently' getting the art in the photographs...and I explained to them that it was inevitible that the art would make it in the pictures (his stuff is quite big!), and they insisted I had to take the pictures without getting any of the art in the pictures.  I then assured them none of the art would get in the pictures any more (with my tongue in my cheek, mind you ;-), they were happy.
>
> P.S.  And they certainly don't let me use a flash!
>

> >Our Gallery jaunt here in Portland Oregon is tonight. I'm hitting it with my
> >Leica M6 35mm ASPH and Metz 20 BC 6 flash!
> >I've already walked 6 miles today so I'm going to take a bus into town and walk
> >back hitting a dozen galleries openings or so and the people involved. The
> >people are usually at least as interesting as the art but it varies.
> >Mark Rabiner

I did a thing for a local paper here in which I covered about 20 galleries in
about three hours!
I shoot the artist in many cases next to their art but sometimes I shot yuppies
with tatoos and piercings eating brie and drinking champagne!
Quite a spread in the paper!
I see people with cameras sometimes on First Thursday I don't think people mind.
I often have mine. We shoot pictures of each other with our cameras. It's pretty
dumb actually!
Mark Rabiner