Subject: Re: [Leica] Resurgence of B&W
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 09:11:08 -0700

Ed Buziak wrote:

> Mark and Dan K,
>
> Strange indeed... I looked in my files and in Jason Schneider's PopPhoto
> "The Camera Collector" column dated April '92 (page 26, 28 and 150 - don't
> ya just lurve their pagination methods <s>) and there it is... "What's the
> greatest user-collectible SLR of all time? Hint: It begins with an "N" and
> these days it's almost a bargain"
>
> Yup folks... the venerable "F"... and he states in the article that it is
> "... one of my very favorite post-WW II cameras..."
>
> Ed Buziak / Publisher
> Camera & Darkroom magazine
>
><Snip>
Yes the F!
But the 1949 "Contax X first successful eye level pentaprism 35mm SLR" did it first.
And was a succusful camera. The F just did MORE of them.
He could have mentioned the Hasselbald CM instead of the 1600 for the same reasons!
More CM's but the 1600s were already out there and were a success.
Mark (Camera & Darkroom loving) Rabiner