Subject: [Leica] [Lieca] Good service from Germany
From: "Gerry Walden" <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 18:34:42 +0100

Following the recommendation of a fellow LUGer, I made an enquiry at
Foto-Hobby Frankfurt about the purchase of a motor drive for my R8.   The
position in the UK is that they have no idea when they are going to receive
more stock and the price is £595 (approximately $950).   Germany supplied by
return (the package took 2 days to get here) in a very courteous manner at a
price of £395 ($630).   This included all taxes, postage and insurance.   A
massive saving of £200 ($320) is inexplicable by currency fluctuations etc.
I would recommend anyone to try Jurgen Uhl at Foto-Hobby for fully
guaranteed (i.e. not 'grey') Leica items.

Thanks to the LUGer (?Pascal or Nathan) who recommended them.

Regards

Gerry