Subject: RE: [Leica] Re:Consensus? Skopar 24mm
From: John Bean <john@jbean.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 21:20:33 +0100

At Friday 07/04/2000 19:14, B. D. Colen wrote:
>to expand his or her lens range at reasonable cost....I know it will come as
>a shock to many on this list, but some of us are using Leica Ms because they
>are the best RANGEFINDER cameras available, and have good optics...and if
>Canon or Nikon made good rangefinders, and Leica didn't but made great
>reflexes, we would still be using Canons or Nikons because we want a
>RANGEFINDER camera....

Dead right, B.D. Why this point constantly gets missed is beyond
comprehension. The M's haven't survived nearly half a century because of
lenses, they have survived because they are THE BEST 35mm RANGEFINDER
CAMERA, bar none. This is why I continue to use M's, and will attach any
lens that does the job... and my, does the Nokton do the job!

Just to prove I'm not a "Cosina bigot" though, tomorrow I am acquiring a
90/2.8 Elmarit from a fellow lugger (hi Eric) to replace my ancient Elmar.
Of course, if Cosina had a 90/2.5 available, the story might be different.
Still, I suppose I can put up with the Elmarit :)

Regards

John Bean